Police called to injured person in Ilford home discover two people dead inside
Police officers have cordoned off a house in Ilford this afternoon after they received reports of a person injured and discovered a man and a woman dead inside the property.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to a house on The Drive in Ilford at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29 "following a report of an injured person".
The spokeswoman added: "Officers, London Ambulance Service and the Air Ambulance Service attended and found a man and a woman who were both declared deceased.
"Work is underway to establish their identities."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service confirmed paramedics were called to "reports of an incident" at a residential address in The Drive at 1.03pm.
She added: "We sent two ambulance crews, three medics in cars, a medic on a motorbike and an incident response officer to the scene.
"Sadly, two people were pronounced dead at the scene."
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 8 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
- 9 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 10 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
A crime scene remains in place.
A Recorder reporter at the scene confirmed police officers had begun searching a car parked outside the home.
Neighbours also claimed investigating officers had already been asking residents nearby if they had any CCTV footage that might cover the house.
No arrests have been made.
Police enquiries continue.