Police called to injured person in Ilford home discover two people dead inside
Police officers have cordoned off a house in Ilford this afternoon after they received reports of a person injured and discovered a man and a woman dead inside the property.
A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman confirmed officers were called to a house on The Drive in Ilford at 12.57pm on Thursday, August 29 "following a report of an injured person".
The spokeswoman added: "Officers, London Ambulance Service and the Air Ambulance Service attended and found a man and a woman who were both declared deceased.
"Work is underway to establish their identities."
A spokeswoman for the London Ambulance Service confirmed paramedics were called to "reports of an incident" at a residential address in The Drive at 1.03pm.
She added: "We sent two ambulance crews, three medics in cars, a medic on a motorbike and an incident response officer to the scene.
"Sadly, two people were pronounced dead at the scene."
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
A crime scene remains in place.
A Recorder reporter at the scene confirmed police officers had begun searching a car parked outside the home.
Neighbours also claimed investigating officers had already been asking residents nearby if they had any CCTV footage that might cover the house.
No arrests have been made.
Police enquiries continue.