Twinkle-toed tangoing at a Chadwell Heath care home
- Credit: Archant
Residents were swept off their feet at a Chadwell Heath care home on Saturday.
Dancers tangoed their way around the Chadwell House Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, in a performance fit for twinkle-toed Len Goodman himself.
The afternoon entertainment featured three dancing couples, one of which was the home’s bursar Brian Porch and his wife Carole, as well as some of the residents themselves.
Stunning dresses, dazzing dinner suits and quick-stepping dancers made for an “exciting” afternoon, according to Brian.
He said: “Our residents are living with dementia so dancing can be a wonderful reminiscence activity for them as it brings back fond memories of when they would dance with their loved ones while courting.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all very excited about this event and some of the residents taught me a few steps themselves.”
Dancers and residents alike relaxed after the whirlwind performance with a well earned cup of tea and a visit from their loved ones.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower