Twinkle-toed tangoing at a Chadwell Heath care home
- Credit: Archant
Residents were swept off their feet at a Chadwell Heath care home on Saturday.
Dancers tangoed their way around the Chadwell House Residential Care Home, in Chadwell Heath Lane, in a performance fit for twinkle-toed Len Goodman himself.
The afternoon entertainment featured three dancing couples, one of which was the home’s bursar Brian Porch and his wife Carole, as well as some of the residents themselves.
Stunning dresses, dazzing dinner suits and quick-stepping dancers made for an “exciting” afternoon, according to Brian.
He said: “Our residents are living with dementia so dancing can be a wonderful reminiscence activity for them as it brings back fond memories of when they would dance with their loved ones while courting.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all very excited about this event and some of the residents taught me a few steps themselves.”
Dancers and residents alike relaxed after the whirlwind performance with a well earned cup of tea and a visit from their loved ones.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman