Twin dogs arrive for birthday walk in Ilford in chauffeur-driven Cadillac
Two twin dogs arrived for their birthday walk in Valentines Park in style on Monday - in a chauffeur-driven Cadillac.
Harley and Charlie live in Gants Hill with Elaine Westwood and Debbie Evans.
The neighbours, of Beehive Lane, decided to give the cockapoos a very special first birthday celebration by driving them to the park, in Emerson Road, Ilford, in a red 1962 Cadillac convertible.
Debbie, 55, lives two doors down from Elaine and owns Charlie.
She said: “We decided to do something nice for them because the dogs are just lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“The morning was very good. We gave them dental sticks as presents as well and there must have been about eight other dogs who joined us with their owners in the end.
“We had a walk and a kick about with a football, it was just a bit of fun.”
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
Elaine’s husband Carl was the chauffeur for the day after loaning the car from his vintage motors business.
Elaine, 46, said Harley is a “very good-natured dog”.
She added: “We’ve had all sorts of pets over the years with my children but I never knew a dog could be like that.”