TV beckons for Clayhall woman hosting new fashion show
A talented fashionista is set to become a television star after she was chosen from thousands to front a brand new fashion channel.
Darryl Hannah Baker, of Dymchurch Close, Clayhall has been chosen as one of the presenters for TheMuse.tv which was launched at the weekend.
The former pupil of King Solomon High School, Forest Road, Barkingside, who studied journalism at Bournemouth University, fought off fierce competition from thousands of applicants to be chosen by the new channel.
She said: “I saw the ad on Gumtree.com and it sounded perfect. All I needed to do was send off some film footage of myself.
“Unfortunately, my web cam had broken a few days before and I was running out of time.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily I had footage of some interviews that I had done from the red carpet at the London Film Festival so I sent that over and next thing I knew, I was asked to come in for a screen test.”
Miss Baker has previously written film reviews, entertainment news for the website London24 and a blog for the magazine Essex Life.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
The 25-year-old said: “Getting offered the job was the most brilliant way to start 2012 and it still hasn’t really sunk in. When I applied I really didn’t think much of it but it was amazing when I found out.
“I have always been into fashion, and am inspired by Carrie Bradshaw. My friends laugh at me and think I’m mad when I head to Barkingside High Street every weekend to look for vintage pieces in the charity shops.”
TheMuse.tv is a one stop fashion destination offering weekly videos, features, style tips, competitions and live event coverage. To find out more visit www.TheMuse.tv.