TV beckons for Clayhall woman hosting new fashion show
A talented fashionista is set to become a television star after she was chosen from thousands to front a brand new fashion channel.
Darryl Hannah Baker, of Dymchurch Close, Clayhall has been chosen as one of the presenters for TheMuse.tv which was launched at the weekend.
The former pupil of King Solomon High School, Forest Road, Barkingside, who studied journalism at Bournemouth University, fought off fierce competition from thousands of applicants to be chosen by the new channel.
She said: “I saw the ad on Gumtree.com and it sounded perfect. All I needed to do was send off some film footage of myself.
“Unfortunately, my web cam had broken a few days before and I was running out of time.
You may also want to watch:
“Luckily I had footage of some interviews that I had done from the red carpet at the London Film Festival so I sent that over and next thing I knew, I was asked to come in for a screen test.”
Miss Baker has previously written film reviews, entertainment news for the website London24 and a blog for the magazine Essex Life.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
The 25-year-old said: “Getting offered the job was the most brilliant way to start 2012 and it still hasn’t really sunk in. When I applied I really didn’t think much of it but it was amazing when I found out.
“I have always been into fashion, and am inspired by Carrie Bradshaw. My friends laugh at me and think I’m mad when I head to Barkingside High Street every weekend to look for vintage pieces in the charity shops.”
TheMuse.tv is a one stop fashion destination offering weekly videos, features, style tips, competitions and live event coverage. To find out more visit www.TheMuse.tv.