Tube strike misery continues for Redbridge commuters
COMMUTERS face more travel headaches on their way home, with much of the borough’s Tube line out of action due to a 24-hour strike.
The Central line is still closed between Leytonstone and Epping and between Leytonstone and Hainault.
A “special service” is running on other parts of the line.
Gants Hill and Wanstead stations remain closed but other stations are listed as open.
RMT and TSSA union members downed tools at 6.30am this morning, over a row about plans to close ticket offices.
You may also want to watch:
Tube bosses have warned that disruption could continue even after the strike officially ends at 6.30pm.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 3 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years