Tube strike misery continues for Redbridge commuters
COMMUTERS face more travel headaches on their way home, with much of the borough’s Tube line out of action due to a 24-hour strike.
The Central line is still closed between Leytonstone and Epping and between Leytonstone and Hainault.
A “special service” is running on other parts of the line.
Gants Hill and Wanstead stations remain closed but other stations are listed as open.
RMT and TSSA union members downed tools at 6.30am this morning, over a row about plans to close ticket offices.
You may also want to watch:
Tube bosses have warned that disruption could continue even after the strike officially ends at 6.30pm.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 'It's a surreal feeling': New coffee shop opens in Redbridge
- 5 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 6 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 7 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour