Try out skills at new girls’ cricket club in Wanstead
- Credit: Archant
Girls who want to try out their cricket skills can join a new club set up in Wanstead.
Cricket for Girls, based at Wanstead Leisure Centre, was set up by Hannah Newman, 22, to get more girls interested in the sport, especially if they had not tried it before.
She said: “This is a fairly new community girls’ project which has been running for the last couple of months.
“You don’t need to be an expert; it is targeted towards beginners who have never taken part before so they can be introduced to the sport. The majority of the girls had never tried cricket before.”
She added: “I played cricket for quite a while but wanted to coach others to give something back. Girls’ cricket is growing massively.”
You may also want to watch:
It is open to girls aged eight to 16. They meet at the leisure centre in Redbridge Lane West, in Wanstead, every Monday from 5pm to 6.30pm.
If you would like to take part you can call Hannah on 079438 75425.
- 1 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 5 Plans submitted for more than 500 homes on former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 6 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 7 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 8 Plaistow man denies murdering two men in Goodmayes
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead