Try out skills at new girls’ cricket club in Wanstead
- Credit: Archant
Girls who want to try out their cricket skills can join a new club set up in Wanstead.
Cricket for Girls, based at Wanstead Leisure Centre, was set up by Hannah Newman, 22, to get more girls interested in the sport, especially if they had not tried it before.
She said: “This is a fairly new community girls’ project which has been running for the last couple of months.
“You don’t need to be an expert; it is targeted towards beginners who have never taken part before so they can be introduced to the sport. The majority of the girls had never tried cricket before.”
She added: “I played cricket for quite a while but wanted to coach others to give something back. Girls’ cricket is growing massively.”
You may also want to watch:
It is open to girls aged eight to 16. They meet at the leisure centre in Redbridge Lane West, in Wanstead, every Monday from 5pm to 6.30pm.
If you would like to take part you can call Hannah on 079438 75425.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 5 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit