Try out skills at new girls’ cricket club in Wanstead
- Credit: Archant
Girls who want to try out their cricket skills can join a new club set up in Wanstead.
Cricket for Girls, based at Wanstead Leisure Centre, was set up by Hannah Newman, 22, to get more girls interested in the sport, especially if they had not tried it before.
She said: “This is a fairly new community girls’ project which has been running for the last couple of months.
“You don’t need to be an expert; it is targeted towards beginners who have never taken part before so they can be introduced to the sport. The majority of the girls had never tried cricket before.”
She added: “I played cricket for quite a while but wanted to coach others to give something back. Girls’ cricket is growing massively.”
You may also want to watch:
It is open to girls aged eight to 16. They meet at the leisure centre in Redbridge Lane West, in Wanstead, every Monday from 5pm to 6.30pm.
If you would like to take part you can call Hannah on 079438 75425.
- 1 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 2 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 3 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 4 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 5 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 6 Thames Water says its drainage systems did not fail during flash floods
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford