Trio pound the streets to raise cash for Ilford church
- Credit: Archant
These colourful characters went the extra mile in a sponsored walk for an Ilford church earlier this month.
The 118 trio helped towards a total of more than £2,000 for the Ilford Seventh-day Adventist Church with the event in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane.
The church, in Ilford Lane, is raising money for its building fund to make improvements to a new centre.
Member Serena Francis said: “We have been at the present location since the early 1990s but the church’s membership has grown over the years and has outgrown the Ilford Lane location.
“They have purchased a much larger facility in Coventry Road that will also act as a centre that is open to the community.”
You may also want to watch:
•• For information on how to contribute towards the building fund, visit ilford.adventistchurch.org.uk or call 07780 020 706.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 3 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 4 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 5 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 6 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 7 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 8 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks