Trio pound the streets to raise cash for Ilford church
- Credit: Archant
These colourful characters went the extra mile in a sponsored walk for an Ilford church earlier this month.
The 118 trio helped towards a total of more than £2,000 for the Ilford Seventh-day Adventist Church with the event in Loxford Park, Loxford Lane.
The church, in Ilford Lane, is raising money for its building fund to make improvements to a new centre.
Member Serena Francis said: “We have been at the present location since the early 1990s but the church’s membership has grown over the years and has outgrown the Ilford Lane location.
“They have purchased a much larger facility in Coventry Road that will also act as a centre that is open to the community.”
You may also want to watch:
•• For information on how to contribute towards the building fund, visit ilford.adventistchurch.org.uk or call 07780 020 706.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 6 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute