Tributes to police officer Shazahan Wadud killed in Wanstead motorbike crash
- Credit: Archant
The motorcyclist killed in a crash in Wanstead has been described as “lovely” man who “got on well with everyone” by his devastated father.
Shazahan Wadud, 29, died after a collision with a car near the junction of New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road at around 9.15pm on Sunday.
He lived in Chigwell with his partner and two children and worked as a police officer with the Metropolitan Police in Tower Hamlets.
His father, Abdul Wadud said: “He was a lovely guy, he loved his job. He got on well with everyone.
“The whole family is devastated, he was our eldest son.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw him at 5.30pm, he had taken his daughter for a swim. Then he went home and got on his bike to go to work and that was it.”
Sister Shanaz Wadud wrote in a tribute: “My big brother how I miss you. I feel numb to the bone and it doesn’t feel real.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
“I feel like you’re going to come walk through the door and I’ll see you again. I’m lost for words.”
The 66-year-old driver of the car, who stopped at the scene, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and bailed until October.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances, a single responder and duty officer attended.
She added: “Our staff treated a man, believed to be in his late 20s, who was in cardiac arrest.
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.”
New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road were closed while emergency services were at the scene and buses were diverted.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the crash or has information to call the road death investigation unit on 0208 597 4874.
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.