Tributes to police officer Shazahan Wadud killed in Wanstead motorbike crash
- Credit: Archant
The motorcyclist killed in a crash in Wanstead has been described as “lovely” man who “got on well with everyone” by his devastated father.
Shazahan Wadud, 29, died after a collision with a car near the junction of New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road at around 9.15pm on Sunday.
He lived in Chigwell with his partner and two children and worked as a police officer with the Metropolitan Police in Tower Hamlets.
His father, Abdul Wadud said: “He was a lovely guy, he loved his job. He got on well with everyone.
“The whole family is devastated, he was our eldest son.
You may also want to watch:
“I saw him at 5.30pm, he had taken his daughter for a swim. Then he went home and got on his bike to go to work and that was it.”
Sister Shanaz Wadud wrote in a tribute: “My big brother how I miss you. I feel numb to the bone and it doesn’t feel real.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 6 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 7 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 8 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 9 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 10 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
“I feel like you’re going to come walk through the door and I’ll see you again. I’m lost for words.”
The 66-year-old driver of the car, who stopped at the scene, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and bailed until October.
A London Ambulance Service spokesman said two ambulances, a single responder and duty officer attended.
She added: “Our staff treated a man, believed to be in his late 20s, who was in cardiac arrest.
“Sadly, despite extensive efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.”
New Wanstead and Spratt Hall Road were closed while emergency services were at the scene and buses were diverted.
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the crash or has information to call the road death investigation unit on 0208 597 4874.
If you would like to leave a tribute, call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.