Tributes left for woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left for the 25-year-old who was killed by a lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, yesterday afternoon.
Flowers lined the road where the woman, named locally as Masuma Mawji, died after being struck by a lorry at around 12.20pm outside the Cash Concepts store.
The former Mayfield High School, Pedley Road, and Redbridge College, Barley Lane, Little Heath, student was thought to be walking “along the zebra crossing” when she was hit, according to an eye witness.
Staff from the Cash Concepts and Sue Ryder stores in Green Lane left messages of condolence for the young woman and her family.
Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said she was out buying her lunch when it happened and that “she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Hoo Hing lorry was arrested at the scene in conjunction with the incident.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour