Tributes left for woman killed by lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes
- Credit: Archant
Tributes have been left for the 25-year-old who was killed by a lorry in Green Lane, Goodmayes, yesterday afternoon.
Flowers lined the road where the woman, named locally as Masuma Mawji, died after being struck by a lorry at around 12.20pm outside the Cash Concepts store.
The former Mayfield High School, Pedley Road, and Redbridge College, Barley Lane, Little Heath, student was thought to be walking “along the zebra crossing” when she was hit, according to an eye witness.
Staff from the Cash Concepts and Sue Ryder stores in Green Lane left messages of condolence for the young woman and her family.
Ray Mehta, who works at Nuchem Pharmacy with her father, said she was out buying her lunch when it happened and that “she always walked really slowly with her crutch, but she was always careful.”
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Hoo Hing lorry was arrested at the scene in conjunction with the incident.
Did you see what happened? Call 020 8477 3800 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead