Trial starts for Ley Street, Ilford murder victim Thomas Cudjoe
Jury selection has begun for the five men appearing at the Old Bailey today over the murder of Thomas Cudjoe.
Mr Cudjoe, 29, of Richmond Road, Ilford died of stab wounds to the chest and legs in Ley Street, Ilford on November 3 near the forecourt of the Shell petrol station.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, Asher Johnson, 25, of Bellamy Close, Isle of Dogs, and Courtney Mitchell, 23, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings are all charged with murder.
Reece Garwood, 21, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath and Lewis Johnson, 22 of Belamy Close, Isle of Dogs are charged with conspiracy to murder.
Green, Asher Johnson, Garwood and Lewis Johnson are all charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public placed.
You may also want to watch:
They have all pleaded not guilty.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns