Trial starts for Ley Street, Ilford murder victim Thomas Cudjoe
Jury selection has begun for the five men appearing at the Old Bailey today over the murder of Thomas Cudjoe.
Mr Cudjoe, 29, of Richmond Road, Ilford died of stab wounds to the chest and legs in Ley Street, Ilford on November 3 near the forecourt of the Shell petrol station.
Jerome Green, 23, of Ashgrove Road, Seven Kings, Asher Johnson, 25, of Bellamy Close, Isle of Dogs, and Courtney Mitchell, 23, of Clandon Road, Seven Kings are all charged with murder.
Reece Garwood, 21, of Overton Drive, Chadwell Heath and Lewis Johnson, 22 of Belamy Close, Isle of Dogs are charged with conspiracy to murder.
Green, Asher Johnson, Garwood and Lewis Johnson are all charged with possession of an offensive weapon in a public placed.
You may also want to watch:
They have all pleaded not guilty.
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 7 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 10 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites