Trial of Chadwell Heath mum accused of killing daughter, 8, postponed
- Credit: PA Archive/Press Association Ima
The trial of a Chadwell Heath mother who stands accused of killing her eight-year-old daughter has been postponed awaiting further psychiatric reports.
Polly Chowdhury, 35, was due at the Old Bailey today after she is said to have killed Ayesha Ali, who died from head injuries, at their Broomfield Road home on August 29 last year.
Chowdhury pleaded not guilty to charges of murder and causing or allowing the death of a child.
Her friend Kiki Muddar, 42, of Green Lane, Ilford, stands accused of the same charges but has not entered a plea.
The pair have been remanded in custody until the trial begins on January 5 next year.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 Sikh volunteer group hands out food to celebrate International Langar Week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses