Train delays through Ilford and Romford after derailment at depot
- Credit: Archant
Commuters have faced delays, cancellations and alterations on the line from Shenfield to Liverpool Street this morning after a train derailed.
A notice on the National Rail website said an empty train derailed at the Ilford depot shortly after 6am.
Greater Anglia services were disrupted between Romford and Liverpool Street after the incident, adding up to 20 minutes on to some journeys.
Services were cancelled and started from different stations but a spokesman for the operator said alterations have now stopped.
A Greater Anglia spokesperson said: “An empty train became partially derailed earlier this morning following a shunting movement that took place within the confines of our Ilford maintenance depot. The train remained upright throughout.
You may also want to watch:
“This caused minor disruption to some services earlier this morning as other trains departing the maintenance depot were slightly delayed.
“We apologise to customers for any inconvenience this may have caused.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead