Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- Credit: Ken Mears
Here is a summary of work being carried out on the roads and rail network that could affect your journey this week.
On the road
Part of The Avenue in Wanstead will be closed due to water mains renewal by Thames Water.
It is also carrying out work to renew mains on the whole of Pulteney Road in South Woodford until mid-July and Walpole Road, South Woodford, until early August, according to Redbridge Council.
The water company is also undertaking mains renewal in Bressey Grove, South Woodford, until the end of July.
You may also want to watch:
Gas company Cadent is replacing mains at the junction of Meadgate Avenue and Purleigh Avenue, Woodford Bridge, set to be completed on July 8.
It is also replacing mains on the whole of Kelvedon Way, Woodford Bridge, until the end of this month.
- 1 Medical student who helped injured biker calls for more first aid training
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Letter: High-density housing plans in Redbridge
- 4 Woman and children treated for smoke inhalation after Ilford flat fire
- 5 Teen boy sexually assaulted on Redbridge bus: Image of wanted man released
- 6 Panel finds ex-police officer would have been sacked for neighbour comments
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Primary school creates memorial garden for pupils to remember loved ones
- 9 Oaks Park pupils present video at Anne Frank Trust event
- 10 Redbridge Tories call for council reform after monkey costume scandal
The council also said Thames Water's closure of Shenfield Road, Woodford Green, which has been done in three sections for water mains renewal, is set to finish on June 25.
Also set to end on that date is water mains renewal in Lansdowne Road, South Woodford, which is partly closed.
Rokeby Gardens in Woodford Green is currently shut from the junction of Forest Approach to the junction of Darnley Road for emergency gas mains replacement.
On Sunday, June 27, there is no service on London Overground between Gospel Oak and Barking, including Wanstead Park.
Transport for London (TfL) said a replacement bus service will be in operation.
Also on Sunday, Greater Anglia has advised travellers to expect journey times to increase by up to five minutes on its services through Stratford until 3pm due to urgent track work.