Lorry flips over in Gants Hill collision
- Credit: Roger Radford
A lorry has flipped onto its side in a collision in Gants Hill.
The incident happened in Woodford Avenue, at the roundabout with Beehive Lane in the direction of Gants Hill.
There are currently road closures on Woodford Avenue at the junction with Charlie Browns roundabout.
Transport for London is on the scene dealing with the removal of the lorry, which was carrying sawdust, and the clean-up of the road.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: " The public is advised to avoid the area and TfL is working with the police and others to get the road reopened as quickly as possible."
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called at 6.40am today (21 May) to reports of a road traffic collision on Woodford Avenue.
"We sent an ambulance crew and an incident response officer, but did not treat anyone or take anyone to hospital."
- 1 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Redbridge's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 7 Tests after dead swans found in Goodmayes Park
- 8 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 9 Three people escape overnight flat fire in Ilford
- 10 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op