Lorry flips over in Gants Hill collision
- Credit: Roger Radford
A lorry has flipped onto its side in a collision in Gants Hill.
The incident happened in Woodford Avenue, at the roundabout with Beehive Lane in the direction of Gants Hill.
There are currently road closures on Woodford Avenue at the junction with Charlie Browns roundabout.
Transport for London is on the scene dealing with the removal of the lorry, which was carrying sawdust, and the clean-up of the road.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police said: " The public is advised to avoid the area and TfL is working with the police and others to get the road reopened as quickly as possible."
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: "We were called at 6.40am today (21 May) to reports of a road traffic collision on Woodford Avenue.
"We sent an ambulance crew and an incident response officer, but did not treat anyone or take anyone to hospital."
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 7 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 8 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 9 School Streets scheme to expand in September
- 10 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis