Town centre business chief launches InIlford brand to meet “exciting times”
- Credit: Archant
A new “destination” brand for Ilford town centre has been launched as managers get set for “exciting times” spearheaded by the looming Crossrail scheme.
InIlford has been developed by the Ilford Business Improvement District (BID) and will be used to promote the town centre.
BID manager Ben Collins told the Recorder the brand has been developed by following research carried out with town centre businesses, who made it clear that a new brand identity was required to promote the town centre.
“The InIlford brand will become the BID’s consumer facing brand and be used across a multitude of platforms,” said Ben.
“Consumers respond less to traditional marketing methods when making buying decisions and this new destination brand will target local consumers and those from further afield through strong messages via printed, online and social media content.”
You may also want to watch:
The new InIlford.com website contains town centre business directories, events and news sections as well as the successful offers platform that has over 11,000 customers registered.
Ben added “These are exciting times for the town centre, with the opportunities that Crossrail will provide and the BID’s promotional activities throughout 2014 including the June Pit Stop event and the August Outdoor Cinema programme to name just two events. Christmas activities will also be announced soon. “
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 7 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 10 'Urgent' project to protect historic grotto gets approval
“We are celebrating the launch of InIlford with activities in the town centre as well as a campaign of advertising and promotion online and on social media”