TOWIE stars and famous faces take on Spurs legends team for Woodford Green hospice
- Credit: Archant
Famous faces tried their luck against a team of former Tottenham Hotspur footballers in a charity match yesterday.
James ‘Arg’ Argent from TV show The Only Way Is Essex captained the celebrity side against the Spurs Legends XI, including Teddy Sheringham, Darren Anderton, Mark Falco and Justin Edinburgh.
The biggest winners on the day were the Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, Woodford Green, who will get all the proceeds from the match at Leyton Orient’s home stadium.
Arg’s team included fellow TOWIE star Mark Wright, actors and close pals Danny Dyer and Tamer Hassan, So Solid Crew’s MC Harvey and singers Mike and Darren from The Overtones.
It was a family affair for the Wrights as Josh Wright, who currently plays for Millwall, played alongside his brother and dad Mark Wright Senior, managed the team.
You may also want to watch:
TOWIE co-stars including Tom Kilbey, James Bennewith (Diags) and Danny Osbourne also took part, alongside Jamie Reed, promoter of South Woodford nightclub Funky Mojoe, and its resident DJ, Darrel Privett.
But they couldn’t stop the former pros running out 5-0 winners.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
Arg said: “I jumped at the chance to play in this match and was so proud to be team captain, it was an amazing day for everyone who took part and came to watch the match.
“Ultimately we were all there for Haven House, a local cause that I’m really passionate about.”