TOWIE stars and famous faces take on Spurs legends team for Woodford Green hospice
- Credit: Archant
Famous faces tried their luck against a team of former Tottenham Hotspur footballers in a charity match yesterday.
James ‘Arg’ Argent from TV show The Only Way Is Essex captained the celebrity side against the Spurs Legends XI, including Teddy Sheringham, Darren Anderton, Mark Falco and Justin Edinburgh.
The biggest winners on the day were the Haven House Children’s Hospice in High Road, Woodford Green, who will get all the proceeds from the match at Leyton Orient’s home stadium.
Arg’s team included fellow TOWIE star Mark Wright, actors and close pals Danny Dyer and Tamer Hassan, So Solid Crew’s MC Harvey and singers Mike and Darren from The Overtones.
It was a family affair for the Wrights as Josh Wright, who currently plays for Millwall, played alongside his brother and dad Mark Wright Senior, managed the team.
You may also want to watch:
TOWIE co-stars including Tom Kilbey, James Bennewith (Diags) and Danny Osbourne also took part, alongside Jamie Reed, promoter of South Woodford nightclub Funky Mojoe, and its resident DJ, Darrel Privett.
But they couldn’t stop the former pros running out 5-0 winners.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Arg said: “I jumped at the chance to play in this match and was so proud to be team captain, it was an amazing day for everyone who took part and came to watch the match.
“Ultimately we were all there for Haven House, a local cause that I’m really passionate about.”