TOWIE star Mark Wright in court after Woodford Green bar scuffle
Reality TV star Mark Wright is in court today after a scuffle at a Woodford Green bar he ran with Jade Goody’s widower Jack Tweed.
Jack, 24, of Buckhurst Hill, pleaded guilty to common assault yesterday at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court, along with younger brother Lewis Tweed, 21.
The scuffle took place outside Deuce’s nightclub in Chigwell Road on January 3.
Mr Wright, 24, told jurors he “saw red” when he heard a man threatening to throw a brick through the window of Deuces Bar and Lounge, in Woodford Green.
The court, in Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, heard Mr Wright, who stars in ITV2 show The Only Way is Essex, wanted to find out why builder Tom Grantham had made the alleged remarks.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, the court heard CCTV footage showed Jack punching builder Tom Grantham in the head, with prosecutor Alex Matic describing the incident as “drink fuelled”.
Lewis was filmed kicking the victim in the groin and aiming a punch in the victim’s face, added prosecutor Mr Matic.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
Mr Grantham, 21, was knocked out by the attack
Magistrates told the brothers they would be sentenced on August 16 after pre-sentence reports were conducted.
They were both released on unconditional bail.
Mr Wright’s hearing continues.