TOWIE star Mark Wright in court after Woodford Green bar scuffle
Reality TV star Mark Wright is in court today after a scuffle at a Woodford Green bar he ran with Jade Goody’s widower Jack Tweed.
Jack, 24, of Buckhurst Hill, pleaded guilty to common assault yesterday at Redbridge Magistrates’ Court, along with younger brother Lewis Tweed, 21.
The scuffle took place outside Deuce’s nightclub in Chigwell Road on January 3.
Mr Wright, 24, told jurors he “saw red” when he heard a man threatening to throw a brick through the window of Deuces Bar and Lounge, in Woodford Green.
The court, in Cranbrook Road, Barkingside, heard Mr Wright, who stars in ITV2 show The Only Way is Essex, wanted to find out why builder Tom Grantham had made the alleged remarks.
You may also want to watch:
Yesterday, the court heard CCTV footage showed Jack punching builder Tom Grantham in the head, with prosecutor Alex Matic describing the incident as “drink fuelled”.
Lewis was filmed kicking the victim in the groin and aiming a punch in the victim’s face, added prosecutor Mr Matic.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 5 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 6 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
Mr Grantham, 21, was knocked out by the attack
Magistrates told the brothers they would be sentenced on August 16 after pre-sentence reports were conducted.
They were both released on unconditional bail.
Mr Wright’s hearing continues.