Towie star James Argent’s disappearance causes police man hunt and Twitter campaign
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Towie star James Argent was forced to publicly apologise after causing a missing person police alert after claiming to turn up at the wrong airport.
After leaving his parents’ Woodford Green home at 3.30am on Friday he failed to arrive at Gatwick Airport where his agent was waiting for him to take a flight bound for Majorca.
Twenty six hours later on Saturday morning after his disappearance Scotland Yard issued a public appeal, while fans began a Twitter campaign in a bid to track him down, using the hashtag #PrayForArg.
The reality TV star claimed to have trouble with his phone, meaning he failed to contact his agent Neil Dobias, family or friends.
His parents later reported the star missing to the police, but Argent got in contact with loved ones, and said he had problems using his phone.
You may also want to watch:
At 3.42am on Saturday morning, Argent tweeted: “Hi I’m so sorry to have worried everyone. I’m fine and safe but again can’t apologise enough x”.
His appeal was removed from the Metropolitan Police website at 11am on Saturday morning.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
Police released a statement confirming Argent was found in the Woodford Green area around the same time.