TOWIE’s Gemma Collins helps Gants Hill restaurant celebrate its reopening
- Credit: Archant
A familiar face from reality television show The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE) helped a long-standing Gants Hill restaurant celebrate its reopening on Sunday.
Kentons, in Woodford Avenue, is now under new ownership and has had a major refurbishment which has seen it fitted out with new tables, chairs, flooring and a swish bar.
On Sunday, TOWIE’s Gemma Collins joined Ilford North MP Lee Scott and Redbridge Council leader Cllr Keith Prince for the reopening
The restaurant was closed for two-and-a-half weeks before reopening to customers last week.
New owner Thangarajah Kuganeswaran oversaw the renovation, with the restaurant remaining under the existing management of Denise and David Kenton, who have been serving customers in Gants Hill for more than 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
Denise said of the refurbishment: “It’s beautiful. People have been really complementary.”
The restaurant’s menu will remain unchanged.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford