TOWIE’s Gemma Collins helps Gants Hill restaurant celebrate its reopening
- Credit: Archant
A familiar face from reality television show The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE) helped a long-standing Gants Hill restaurant celebrate its reopening on Sunday.
Kentons, in Woodford Avenue, is now under new ownership and has had a major refurbishment which has seen it fitted out with new tables, chairs, flooring and a swish bar.
On Sunday, TOWIE’s Gemma Collins joined Ilford North MP Lee Scott and Redbridge Council leader Cllr Keith Prince for the reopening
The restaurant was closed for two-and-a-half weeks before reopening to customers last week.
New owner Thangarajah Kuganeswaran oversaw the renovation, with the restaurant remaining under the existing management of Denise and David Kenton, who have been serving customers in Gants Hill for more than 30 years.
You may also want to watch:
Denise said of the refurbishment: “It’s beautiful. People have been really complementary.”
The restaurant’s menu will remain unchanged.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead