Tom Hardy Taboo trailer released after filming in Wanstead
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
The first glimpse of a period drama has hit the internet after a Hollywood star was spotted filming for the series earlier this month.
Oscar-nominated heartthrob Tom Hardy sent fans into a frenzy after he was seen filming upcoming TV series Taboo in Grade I listed St Mary the Virgin church in Overton Drive, Wanstead.
In the minute-long trailer Tom can be seen gracing the aisles at the church.
He plays James Keziah Delaney in the miniseries set in the 1800s, who builds his shipping empire to rival the famous East India Company.
During the filming, fans – some from as far as Brighton – flocked to the set to see the Revenant actor in the flesh.
You may also want to watch:
Events manager Vicky Chandler drove 80 miles to be near the star.
Speaking to the Recorder outside the church, she said: “I was so excited I felt like my heart was going to explode.”
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 3 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Council dishes out £7k of fines in fly-tipping crackdown
- 7 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 10 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School