Tom Hardy spotted filming in Wanstead
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Oscar nominated actor Tom Hardy has been seen shooting a new BBC period drama in Wanstead, with some fans travelling from Brighton to see the heartthrob.
Tom, star of The Revenant, Mad Max and Legend, was filming upcoming TV series Taboo in Grade I listed St Mary the Virgin church, in Overton Drive.
He plays James Keziah Delaney in the miniseries set in the 1800s, who builds his shipping empire to rival the famous East India Company.
The hunk’s day in Redbridge caused much fanfare, with a gaggle of fans waiting all day to catch sight of the star.
Events manager Vicky Chandler had swapped her shift and driven 80 miles from Brighton just to get a glimpse of him.
You may also want to watch:
“Two days ago I found out from the Ilford Recorder and I thought it’s only 90 minutes away.
“They kept telling us he’s not coming out so we sent in a note saying ‘there’s just four of us please come out’, and he did!
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 8 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
“I was so excited I felt like my heart was going to explode.
“I haven’t seen him before but I’m planning to see him again.”
The 35-year-old had arrived at 11am and said she was going stay “as long as is humanly possible and I can feel my feet”.
She once waited outside the house of band Take That for three days.
Her sister, Becki, had come from Forest Gate for moral support.
Annie Henshaw, 31, from Woodford Green, was trying to lure the dog loving actor out with her Staffordshire Bullterrier.
“I just heard everyone talking about it today and my heart stopped, I had to come.”
Her partner, who didn’t want to be named out of embarrassment, commented: “Don’t start screaming, I will just walk off.”
Taboo will be on BBC One later this year.