Toddler, two, treated for head injury after falling from first-floor window in Ilford
A toddler was treated for a head injury yesterday evening after falling from a first-floor window.
The two-year-old fell from the window above the Slick V Unisex Hair and Beauty Salon, in High Road, Ilford, which is opposite the police station.
The London Ambulance Service were called to the scene at 5.40pm to reports of a fall from height.
They sent a duty officer, one ambulance crew, a member of the hazardous area response team and an air ambulance.
A spokesman said the child was treated for a head injury before being taken to the Royal London Hospital, Whitechapel, by the air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
A Redbridge police spokesman said officers were on the scene immediately and that the toddler had no serious injuries.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 10 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan