Time running out to win Paralympic tickets in Recorder giveaway
There are just a few days left to get yourself, your street or your community group tickets to the Paralympic Games.
The Recorder is giving away tickets to the Paralympic Games, which run from August 29 to September 9, in partnership with the mayor of London and the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), the body in charge of the Olympic Park after the Games.
Winners could catch events including athletics, goalball and swimming, or win Olympic Park day passes.
Called A Day in the Park, the free-to-enter competition gives you the chance to see sport in legacy venues – those that will remain in the park post-Olympics, including the Olympic Stadium, Aquatics Centre and the Copper Box.
Mayor Boris Johnson said: “The Paralympic Games promise to be a spectacular festival of sport and this competition is a fantastic way for thousands of Londoners to experience it and the Olympic Park first hand, at no cost to the taxpayer.”
You may also want to watch:
Supporters of the competition and the official security providers for the Games, G4S, have funded the tickets.
The Recorder’s 200 tickets are a mix of pairs, family packs of four, six or eight, community group packages for 20 people and street packages of 50 tickets.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 3 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 4 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 5 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 6 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 8 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 9 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 10 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
Visit www.adayinthepark.co.uk to enter where you will be asked an Olympic Park-themed question.
Winners will be chosen at random after the closing date of Wednesday.