Time running out to win Paralympic tickets in Recorder giveaway
There are just a few days left to get yourself, your street or your community group tickets to the Paralympic Games.
The Recorder is giving away tickets to the Paralympic Games, which run from August 29 to September 9, in partnership with the mayor of London and the London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC), the body in charge of the Olympic Park after the Games.
Winners could catch events including athletics, goalball and swimming, or win Olympic Park day passes.
Called A Day in the Park, the free-to-enter competition gives you the chance to see sport in legacy venues – those that will remain in the park post-Olympics, including the Olympic Stadium, Aquatics Centre and the Copper Box.
Mayor Boris Johnson said: “The Paralympic Games promise to be a spectacular festival of sport and this competition is a fantastic way for thousands of Londoners to experience it and the Olympic Park first hand, at no cost to the taxpayer.”
You may also want to watch:
Supporters of the competition and the official security providers for the Games, G4S, have funded the tickets.
The Recorder’s 200 tickets are a mix of pairs, family packs of four, six or eight, community group packages for 20 people and street packages of 50 tickets.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 9 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
Visit www.adayinthepark.co.uk to enter where you will be asked an Olympic Park-themed question.
Winners will be chosen at random after the closing date of Wednesday.