Three weeks left to enter Redbridge in Bloom
This year’s Redbridge in Bloom competition is in its final month – with new categories inspired by the Olympics.
The competition, which opened in April, is in its 17th year and will include prizes for the best school gardening project, community gardening project and best overall garden inspired by London 2012.
A Redbridge Council spokesman said: “This is a perfect opportunity to bring your community together and garden for the Games, whether it’s to spruce up a whole disused area in your community or to coordinate all of the window boxes and borders on your street.”
The usual categories including best pub and best front garden will be up for grabs, with judges looking for imaginative use of plants and quality displays.
Marks are awarded for the colour, condition and quality of plants as well as the layout and impact.
You may also want to watch:
All residents and businesses in Redbridge can enter the competition or nominate a garden for a prize.
To enter, complete an application form at www.redbridge.gov.uk or call the parks development team on 020 8708 3141 for a hard copy.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
The closing date for entries is June 29. Judging will start on July 9.