Three weeks left to enter Redbridge in Bloom
This year’s Redbridge in Bloom competition is in its final month – with new categories inspired by the Olympics.
The competition, which opened in April, is in its 17th year and will include prizes for the best school gardening project, community gardening project and best overall garden inspired by London 2012.
A Redbridge Council spokesman said: “This is a perfect opportunity to bring your community together and garden for the Games, whether it’s to spruce up a whole disused area in your community or to coordinate all of the window boxes and borders on your street.”
The usual categories including best pub and best front garden will be up for grabs, with judges looking for imaginative use of plants and quality displays.
Marks are awarded for the colour, condition and quality of plants as well as the layout and impact.
You may also want to watch:
All residents and businesses in Redbridge can enter the competition or nominate a garden for a prize.
To enter, complete an application form at www.redbridge.gov.uk or call the parks development team on 020 8708 3141 for a hard copy.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 4 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 5 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
The closing date for entries is June 29. Judging will start on July 9.