Three-vehicle crash and oil spill cause traffic chaos on A406
- Credit: Archant
A crash involving three vehicles led to several lanes being closed on the A406 this afternoon.
No one was injured in the collision around 1.30pm on the southbound carriageway near the M11 junction in South Woodford.
But three lanes of the A406 were closed when damage to one vehicle caused a large oil spill.
The road was not completely re-opened until shortly before 6pm, causing miles of tailbacks.
Traffic flows have now returned to normal.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw the crash or queues, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford