Three-vehicle crash and oil spill cause traffic chaos on A406
- Credit: Archant
A crash involving three vehicles led to several lanes being closed on the A406 this afternoon.
No one was injured in the collision around 1.30pm on the southbound carriageway near the M11 junction in South Woodford.
But three lanes of the A406 were closed when damage to one vehicle caused a large oil spill.
The road was not completely re-opened until shortly before 6pm, causing miles of tailbacks.
Traffic flows have now returned to normal.
You may also want to watch:
If you saw the crash or queues, email your pictures to email@example.com.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead