Three Remembrance services being held in Redbridge today
Three Remembrance Day services are being held in Redbridge today as the borough honours those who make sacrifices for their country.
A service will be held at the Snaresbrook Memorial Gardens in Snaresbrook Road, Snaresbrook at 11am.
At the same time, people will also gather outside Redbridge Town Hall, High Road, Ilford, for a service led by Royal British Legion chaplain Rev Jonathan Evens.
This afternoon, Fairlop Waters Country Park, Forest Road, Barkingside, will host a Remembrance service.
It will begin at 2pm and the service will in particular remember those from New Zealand who served during both world wars.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, there will be a single gathering at Woodford War Memorial, High Road, South Woodford at 9am.
The first of two services on Sunday will be at Ilford War Memorial, Eastern Avenue, Newbury Park at 11am.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Which venues have been crowned Redbridge's Hospitality Heroes?
The second is due to be held at Wanstead War Memorial, High Street, Wanstead at 12.30pm.