Three in court charged with Ilford murder of teenage boy, eight now in custody
Two men and a teenager accused of the murder of Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford Town Centre have appeared in court today, bringing the number of people in custody over his death to eight.
Joel Yaw Asare-Minta, 21, of Halbutt Street Dagenham, Diphy Menga, 23, of St Marys Road, Ilford, and a 17-year-old boy from Barking, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and a violent disorder offence.
Kelvin, 17, of Croydon, died after suffering stab wounds in Thompson Close, Ilford on August 15.
No plea was entered when the three appeared in court.
They were remanded in custody, and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for a bail application hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Five others have been charged with the murder of Kelvin, and a charge of violent disorder.
They are: Dale Williams, 19, of Harts Lane, Barking; Lerone Boye, 24, of no fixed address; Ibrahim Zakari, 20, of Barking; Kongolo Kongola, 29 of Plaistow and Roger Damali, 30, of Barking.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 7 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
Williams first appeared in court in August, Boye in October, Zakari and Kongola in November and Damali in December.
They all remain in police custody.