Three in court charged with Ilford murder of teenage boy, eight now in custody
Two men and a teenager accused of the murder of Kelvin Chibueze in Ilford Town Centre have appeared in court today, bringing the number of people in custody over his death to eight.
Joel Yaw Asare-Minta, 21, of Halbutt Street Dagenham, Diphy Menga, 23, of St Marys Road, Ilford, and a 17-year-old boy from Barking, who cannot be named for legal reasons, were in Barkingside Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and a violent disorder offence.
Kelvin, 17, of Croydon, died after suffering stab wounds in Thompson Close, Ilford on August 15.
No plea was entered when the three appeared in court.
They were remanded in custody, and are due to appear at the Old Bailey on Tuesday for a bail application hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Five others have been charged with the murder of Kelvin, and a charge of violent disorder.
They are: Dale Williams, 19, of Harts Lane, Barking; Lerone Boye, 24, of no fixed address; Ibrahim Zakari, 20, of Barking; Kongolo Kongola, 29 of Plaistow and Roger Damali, 30, of Barking.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 'Very challenging': Ilford businesses still struggling months after return
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
Williams first appeared in court in August, Boye in October, Zakari and Kongola in November and Damali in December.
They all remain in police custody.