Christmas and Chanukah celebration at virtual Three Faiths Forum
- Credit: Archant
The Three Faiths Forum is celebrating Christmas and Chanukah in a virtual meeting with speakers highlighting the work the religions have been doing together for a millennium.
The forum, which covers Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham, Newham and Waltham Forest, is holding its last meeting of the year on Tuesday, December 16 at 7.30pm on Zoom with three great speakers.
Professor David Abulafia, author of The Boundless Sea which was recently featured on BBC Radio 4 as the Book of the Week, will be the first speaker.
His topic is Jews, Christians and Muslims - 1,000 years sailing together, trading together, arguing together.
The Rev Canon Ian Tarrant, from Gibraltar Cathedral, will be giving a talk on the Gibraltar Perspective.
The closing speaker will be Khola Hasan, who will report on her participation in the annual Forum for Promoting Peace that took place in Abu Dhabi this week.
You may also want to watch:
The three short talks will be interspersed with musical breaks.
- 1 Maria Rawlings death: Man arrested on suspicion of murder
- 2 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 3 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 4 New councillors for Loxford and Seven Kings react to by-election wins
- 5 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 6 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Plans for three year extension to scheme targeting people using prostitutes
- 8 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 9 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 10 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings