Three cheers for Barkingside’s award-winning wedding toastmaster
- Credit: Archant
Ladies and gentlemen, raise your glasses to wedding toastmaster Jonathan Waterman, the winner of a national award for ensuring couples’ special days run smoothly.
Mr Waterman, 41, of Ludham Close, Barkingside, was named the East of England winner, including London, in The Wedding Industry Awards’ Special Touch category.
He acts as a consultant, including toastmaster and master of ceremonies duties, for weddings of all faiths and corporate events.
He said: “I was chuffed, I was up against so many people in the wedding industry. There was so much work I did to achieve it.”
Mr Waterman has been guiding couples through their big day since he stepped in to save a friend’s wedding from disaster five-and-a-half years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were rude to guests and the DJs were drunk, according to the award winner.
He said: “I cared so much about this guy, and the best man asked me ‘what are we going to do?’.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 3 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 9 Redbridge human rights group awarded six-figure National Lottery grant
- 10 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
He took over MCing duties with the DJs and when food came out cold at a wedding breakfast, he spoke to staff and apologised to guests.
“We got everything back on track,” he added.
Visit www.thecompletetoastmaster.co.uk for further details.