Three cheers for Barkingside’s award-winning wedding toastmaster
- Credit: Archant
Ladies and gentlemen, raise your glasses to wedding toastmaster Jonathan Waterman, the winner of a national award for ensuring couples’ special days run smoothly.
Mr Waterman, 41, of Ludham Close, Barkingside, was named the East of England winner, including London, in The Wedding Industry Awards’ Special Touch category.
He acts as a consultant, including toastmaster and master of ceremonies duties, for weddings of all faiths and corporate events.
He said: “I was chuffed, I was up against so many people in the wedding industry. There was so much work I did to achieve it.”
Mr Waterman has been guiding couples through their big day since he stepped in to save a friend’s wedding from disaster five-and-a-half years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were rude to guests and the DJs were drunk, according to the award winner.
He said: “I cared so much about this guy, and the best man asked me ‘what are we going to do?’.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
He took over MCing duties with the DJs and when food came out cold at a wedding breakfast, he spoke to staff and apologised to guests.
“We got everything back on track,” he added.
Visit www.thecompletetoastmaster.co.uk for further details.