Three cheers for Barkingside’s award-winning wedding toastmaster
- Credit: Archant
Ladies and gentlemen, raise your glasses to wedding toastmaster Jonathan Waterman, the winner of a national award for ensuring couples’ special days run smoothly.
Mr Waterman, 41, of Ludham Close, Barkingside, was named the East of England winner, including London, in The Wedding Industry Awards’ Special Touch category.
He acts as a consultant, including toastmaster and master of ceremonies duties, for weddings of all faiths and corporate events.
He said: “I was chuffed, I was up against so many people in the wedding industry. There was so much work I did to achieve it.”
Mr Waterman has been guiding couples through their big day since he stepped in to save a friend’s wedding from disaster five-and-a-half years ago.
You may also want to watch:
Staff were rude to guests and the DJs were drunk, according to the award winner.
He said: “I cared so much about this guy, and the best man asked me ‘what are we going to do?’.”
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 3 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 4 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 5 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 6 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 7 Redbridge leisure centres reopen after latest easing of restrictions
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 9 Physical and mental health long-Covid rehab programme launches in Ilford
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford
He took over MCing duties with the DJs and when food came out cold at a wedding breakfast, he spoke to staff and apologised to guests.
“We got everything back on track,” he added.
Visit www.thecompletetoastmaster.co.uk for further details.