Three appear in court accused of Ilford murder of teenage boy
Two men accused of stabbing a 17-year-old boy to death in an alleged gang attack in Ilford have been remanded in custody after appearing at the Old Bailey today.
Joel Asare-Minta, 21, and Diphy Menga, 23, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named, are said to have been part of a group that knifed 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze outside the Artifex Club in Ilford.
A total of eight people are now facing charges of murder and violent disorder in relation to the killing in August 15.
Asare-Minta and Menga, who are currently in Pentonville prison, and the 17-year-old, who is in Feltham young offenders institute, appeared via videolink for a brief hearing, during which they spoke only to confirm their names.
No applications for bail were made and Asare-Minta, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Menga, of St Marys Road, Ilford and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will return to court on April 20 for a plea and case management hearing alongside Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 24, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30.
A provisional trial date has been set for September 2.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash