Three appear in court accused of Ilford murder of teenage boy
Two men accused of stabbing a 17-year-old boy to death in an alleged gang attack in Ilford have been remanded in custody after appearing at the Old Bailey today.
Joel Asare-Minta, 21, and Diphy Menga, 23, along with a 17-year-old who cannot be named, are said to have been part of a group that knifed 17-year-old Kelvin Chibueze outside the Artifex Club in Ilford.
A total of eight people are now facing charges of murder and violent disorder in relation to the killing in August 15.
Asare-Minta and Menga, who are currently in Pentonville prison, and the 17-year-old, who is in Feltham young offenders institute, appeared via videolink for a brief hearing, during which they spoke only to confirm their names.
No applications for bail were made and Asare-Minta, of Park Avenue, East Ham, Menga, of St Marys Road, Ilford and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, were remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will return to court on April 20 for a plea and case management hearing alongside Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 24, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30.
A provisional trial date has been set for September 2.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation