The Only Way Is Essex puts Hainault and Gants Hill salon Uppercut on the map
The Uppercut hair salons in Hainault and Gants Hill are reporting a bumper business year as they enjoy the TOWIE effect with a string of celebrity clients.
Part of a chain of Essex salons, both have been frequented by stars of The Only Way Is Essex, the popular reality TV show.
In the last year, Uppercut owner Trevor Vale says his business group has shown “a very encouraging increase” in turnover.
The Gants Hill salon in Cranbrook Road sits opposite Faces nightclub, a regular location in the show, while the Hainault branch in Manford Way is within walking distance of TOWIE regular pub The King William IV.
And both have attracted more customers in the last year – 1,000 in Gants Hill, 800 in Hainault – possibly as a result.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Vale said: “We’ve been established over 30 years and this has been the most successful year we have had in the last five years. And I still have the same enthusiasm and desire to be the best at what we do.”
Marketing executive Jade Eustace said: “Essex is getting more on the map and people are becoming more image conscious.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Redbridge Tories urge front desk re-opening at Barkingside Police Station
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
“Because in Gants Hill we’re opposite Faces, where I’m sure business is buzzing, people will see our sign and see the offers we have on.”
Customers have included sisters from the show Sam and Billie Faiers, Chloe Sims, actress Michelle Collins, singer Pixie Lott, snooker player Ronnie O’Sullivan and former footballer Ray Parlour.
The company has four other salons in Brentwood, Hornchurch, Romford, which includes a hair academy, and Upminster and runs a lunchtime hair express service, which guarantees customers a cut within 45 minutes on weekdays.