The night that salutes the best in the borough - Mayor’s Awards 2013 preview
A gala night at Redbridge Town Hall, one of the highlights of the civic calendar, will see unsung heroes honoured in the Mayor’s Awards 2013.
Socially-aware businesses, green-thinking groups or individuals and caring volunteers will be recognised by Mayor Muhammed Javed in the hall at High Road, Ilford, tomorrow.
There have been a total of 92 nominations in the following categories – Redbridge Best Business Award; Safer Redbridge Award; Green Redbridge Award; Caring Redbridge Award; and the Contribution to Redbridge Young People Award.
One of the monthly winners of the Recorder-supported Young Citizen Award will also be announced as the overall winner.
Cllr Javed said: “This weekend Redbridge will honour the unsung heroes of our borough.
You may also want to watch:
“I am utterly overwhelmed with the number of nominations.
“It’s truly awesome that we have so many in our community who give their time freely to others.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
The awards were launched last year and proved such a success that Cllr Javed decided to hold them again.