The Joker pub in Seven Kings reopening after cannabis farm closure
- Credit: Archant
The Joker pub in Seven Kings is reopening on Friday for the first time after closing its doors in October after a cannabis farm was found.
The police investigation into the drugs discovered in a rented lock-up in the cellar is ongoing but Redbridge Council’s licence suspension has lifted.
The pub, in Cameron Road, will be open seven days a week until midnight on Sunday to Thursday, and until 2am on Friday and Saturday.
Building work was due to start next for an approved apartment block but developers have put in a new application for a six storey, 95-bedroom hotel.
A ground floor retail unit planned for the development could be The Joker’s new home.
You may also want to watch:
The application is still being considered by the council but two representations from residents opposing the hotel have already been received.
John Cassidy said it was “totally inappropriate” for the area and pointed out bedrooms would overlook a school playground.
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
A council licensing committee last year suspended The Joker’s licence for three months and removed the premises supervisor.
What do you think about the proposed hotel? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.