The Joker pub in Seven Kings reopening after cannabis farm closure
- Credit: Archant
The Joker pub in Seven Kings is reopening on Friday for the first time after closing its doors in October after a cannabis farm was found.
The police investigation into the drugs discovered in a rented lock-up in the cellar is ongoing but Redbridge Council’s licence suspension has lifted.
The pub, in Cameron Road, will be open seven days a week until midnight on Sunday to Thursday, and until 2am on Friday and Saturday.
Building work was due to start next for an approved apartment block but developers have put in a new application for a six storey, 95-bedroom hotel.
A ground floor retail unit planned for the development could be The Joker’s new home.
You may also want to watch:
The application is still being considered by the council but two representations from residents opposing the hotel have already been received.
John Cassidy said it was “totally inappropriate” for the area and pointed out bedrooms would overlook a school playground.
- 1 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 2 Strike over Covid working dispute begins at Oaks Park High School
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 New trees to be planted at Fairlop Waters
- 5 Former Met worker sentenced for stealing lost property cash
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Woodford Green pupil reaches final of national science and engineering competition
- 8 'Beyond my wildest dreams': Redbridge tutor receives MBE
- 9 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 10 Redbridge pupils shortlisted in competition to design Olympic Park pavilion
A council licensing committee last year suspended The Joker’s licence for three months and removed the premises supervisor.
What do you think about the proposed hotel? Call 0208 477 3821 or email email@example.com.