The Great British Cake Off: Mayor judges competition at Wanstead care home
- Credit: Archant
The Mayor of Redbridge put her tastebuds to the test judging a baking competition at a Wanstead care home.
Staff and residents at Orchard Close Residential Care Home, cooked an array of sweet treats for the contest on Tuesday.
A carrot cake by senior support worker Emma Hassett took the top prize - a Christmas hamper - but manager Michelle Bunn said everything was thoroughly enjoyed.
She added: “There wasn’t much left by the end.
“It’s always good to introduce people to the home and the residents were really pleased to see Cllr Felicity Banks.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was to celebrate the care home group’s change of name from Redbridge Community Housing to Vibrance.
- 1 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 2 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
- 3 Average Redbridge house price nearly £30k higher than last year
- 4 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Businesses find cannabis growing in their flower pots
- 6 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 7 Two arrests after alleged assault on teen in Newbury Park
- 8 Fire at Ilford Lane shop was accidental, brigade says
- 9 Covid jabs available at town hall clinic
- 10 Hainault woman celebrates 100th birthday with mayoral visit