The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
West Ham United head for Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday, looking to move further clear of the relegation zone.
Last weekend, the Hammers cruised to a 3-0 success at home to Southampton, a result that would have thrilled boss David Moyes.
Leyton Orient, meanwhile, host National League strugglers Barrow as the Brisbane Road club look to end the campaign with a flourish.
The O’s had their Easter Monday game at home to Maidenhead United postponed, though Justin Edinburgh’s men did enjoy a 3-1 victory at Guiseley on Good Friday.
And Dagenham & Redbridge bid to keep their slim play-off hopes alive with victory at home to Woking, who sacked their manager in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
John Still’s Daggers went unbeaten over Easter, drawing 0-0 at Gateshead on Good Friday, before beating Maidstone United 2-1 at home on Monday.
All this, plus the latest non-league news including a big week for Romford in their bid to remain in the Bostik North, is discussed on this week’s East London Football podcast.
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 4 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 5 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 6 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 7 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 8 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 'It's disgusting': Goodmayes mum claims family fed mouldy pittas in quarantine hotel
Host Matt Withers is joined by Ned Keating and George Sessions to digest another week in east London football.