The East London Football Podcast
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
West Ham United head for Chelsea in the Premier League on Sunday, looking to move further clear of the relegation zone.
Last weekend, the Hammers cruised to a 3-0 success at home to Southampton, a result that would have thrilled boss David Moyes.
Leyton Orient, meanwhile, host National League strugglers Barrow as the Brisbane Road club look to end the campaign with a flourish.
The O’s had their Easter Monday game at home to Maidenhead United postponed, though Justin Edinburgh’s men did enjoy a 3-1 victory at Guiseley on Good Friday.
And Dagenham & Redbridge bid to keep their slim play-off hopes alive with victory at home to Woking, who sacked their manager in midweek.
You may also want to watch:
John Still’s Daggers went unbeaten over Easter, drawing 0-0 at Gateshead on Good Friday, before beating Maidstone United 2-1 at home on Monday.
All this, plus the latest non-league news including a big week for Romford in their bid to remain in the Bostik North, is discussed on this week’s East London Football podcast.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Plans for retail park development move step closer
- 10 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
Host Matt Withers is joined by Ned Keating and George Sessions to digest another week in east London football.