The art of love on display as Mother’s Day drawings win prizes
Impressive portraits of mums sketched by their children are being proudly displayed in Ilford after the drawings won a competition.
Six drawings entered into the Mother’s Day Portrait Competition, sponsored by The Exchange Ilford, were selected from 180 entrants by Recorder editor Chris Carter.
He chose a winner from each of the six schools which took part in the competition, and on Friday the youngsters and their mums were at The Exchange Ilford to pick up a large poster of the portraits, a �10 cheque and a �25 cheque for their school.
Thorntons presented each proud mum with an assortment of chocolate gifts, while Marks & Spencer donated flowers.
Jayne Burton, marketing manager of The Exchange Ilford, said: “The standard and quality of the portraits created by the children was extremely high.
“Each portrait seemed to have captured the essence of each child’s mother, and they were obviously executed with a great deal of passion.”
The winners were: Irah Jhumka, 10, of Cleveland Junior School; Harjot Singh, 10, of Cranbrook Primary School; Richard Klein, seven, of Dersingham Primary School; Sherene Senior, eight, of Northbury Junior School; Amelie Ngombo of St Winefride’s Roman Catholic School and Benazir Gashi, nine, of Uphall Primary School.
- 1 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 2 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 3 London among areas where drought is declared
- 4 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 7 Five tower blocks included in housing plans for Sainsbury's in Ilford
- 8 Fairlop man locked up for rabbi assault
- 9 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
All the Mother’s Day portraits will be displayed at The Exchange Ilford on the third level until April 16.