Thames Water extends it permit to carry out repair works in George Lane, South Woodford, until next week
Thames Water has extended its permit to carry out repair works following a burst water main in George Lane, South Woodford, until next Wednesday (May 8).
The water company originally had a permit to do the works until tomorrow.
The burst pipe was fixed last week but work is ongoing to rebuild the road on top of it, leading to diversions and delays to the W12, W13, W14, 179 and N55 routes bus routes.
A spokesman said it is hoped the work will be completed before next Wednesday.
She said: “We’re really sorry for the disruption this is causing.
You may also want to watch:
“The pipe has now been fixed but we need to rebuild the road on top of it.
“We hope to have this all finished as soon as possible but due to the type of road surface, this is a specialised job and therefore may take longer than normal.”
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
The 179, W13 and N55 are unable to serve the southbound bus stop at George Lane shopping centre and are diverted southbound via High Road Woodford Green, Woodford Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
The W12 is diverted eastbound towards Wanstead station via Snaresbrook Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
The W14 is diverted northbound towards Woodford Bridge via High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
A number of bus stops on the W12 and W14 routes will be missed because of the works.