Thames Water extends it permit to carry out repair works in George Lane, South Woodford, until next week
Thames Water has extended its permit to carry out repair works following a burst water main in George Lane, South Woodford, until next Wednesday (May 8).
The water company originally had a permit to do the works until tomorrow.
The burst pipe was fixed last week but work is ongoing to rebuild the road on top of it, leading to diversions and delays to the W12, W13, W14, 179 and N55 routes bus routes.
A spokesman said it is hoped the work will be completed before next Wednesday.
She said: “We’re really sorry for the disruption this is causing.
You may also want to watch:
“The pipe has now been fixed but we need to rebuild the road on top of it.
“We hope to have this all finished as soon as possible but due to the type of road surface, this is a specialised job and therefore may take longer than normal.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
The 179, W13 and N55 are unable to serve the southbound bus stop at George Lane shopping centre and are diverted southbound via High Road Woodford Green, Woodford Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
The W12 is diverted eastbound towards Wanstead station via Snaresbrook Road, Hollybush Hill, High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
The W14 is diverted northbound towards Woodford Bridge via High Street Wanstead, Hermon Hill, George Lane and Mulberry Way.
A number of bus stops on the W12 and W14 routes will be missed because of the works.