Thames Gateway Business Awards launched with networking event
- Credit: Archant
The launch of the Thames Gateway Business Awards 2016, which will showcase the best in business across East London, was held on Friday.
The launch and networking event, held at Valentines Mansion, Emerson Road, Ilford, included speeches from Vassilis K Fouskas, professor of international politics and economics at the University of East London, Sarah Scott-Foster, events manager with newspaper and magazine publisher Archant, and Karen West-Whiley CEO of Barking Enterprise Centre.
Editor Michael Adkins said: “I would like to thank everyone who played a part in the launch of our Thames Gateway Business Awards.
“The guest speakers covered everything from advice on how to set up a new business to the impact Brexit could have on the country and wider Europe.
“I’m sure the tips on how to make your awards entry count will really help you get the best out of the awards.”
You may also want to watch:
With 10 different categories open to companies of all shapes and sizes our awards will celebrate the best in local enterprise.
The awards evening itself will take place at Canary Wharf’s Wintergarden on October 28, with the big award, Company of the Year, going to one of the winners of the night’s other awards.
- 1 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 5 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 6 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 7 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 8 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 9 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
A second networking event at Barking Enterprise Centre, Barking, will take palce on Thursday July 28, from 4,30pm to 7pm.
For more information on the categories and how to enter click here.
For more from the launch see this week’s paper.