Teenagers re-enact Jesus Christ’s Crucifixion at Easter Parade launch
- Credit: Archant
Passers-by took a double take on Sunday as they witnessed a bloody re-enactment of Jesus’s Crucifixion.
Youngsters from the Gateway Church, based at Gants Hill Methodist Church, in Gants Hill Crescent, Gants Hill, acted out the last days of Christ at the church on Sunday.
The eye-catching display was to launch publicity for the annual Easter parade, held in the town centre.
This year’s event will take place on Easter Monday, April 6, and will be the third time the annual parade has taken place.
The event is a collaboration between eight churches and the British Pakistani Christian Association.
You may also want to watch:
This year, there will also be a one-week market fair in the town centre, featuring Christian stalls.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 8 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 9 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council