Teenager in court after police chase through Ilford town centre
A teenager has been charged with speeding away from police without a licence or insurance in a chase through Ilford town centre on Monday.
Andrius Songaila, 19, of Knotts Green Road, Leyton, E10 will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 4 to face the charges.
The Metropolitan Police’s helicopter joined cars and vans in the pursuit around 9am, when four suspects left their vehicle but were caught by Redbridge officers.
A police spokesman said the men had been followed by police from Lansdowne Road in Seven Kings and the pursuit started when they failed to stop for officers.
They were chased into Ilford and tried to run from the car near the train station, in Cranbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two men and a youth were arrested after the chase but released with no further charge.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead