Teenager in court after police chase through Ilford town centre
A teenager has been charged with speeding away from police without a licence or insurance in a chase through Ilford town centre on Monday.
Andrius Songaila, 19, of Knotts Green Road, Leyton, E10 will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court on November 4 to face the charges.
The Metropolitan Police’s helicopter joined cars and vans in the pursuit around 9am, when four suspects left their vehicle but were caught by Redbridge officers.
A police spokesman said the men had been followed by police from Lansdowne Road in Seven Kings and the pursuit started when they failed to stop for officers.
They were chased into Ilford and tried to run from the car near the train station, in Cranbrook Road.
You may also want to watch:
Two men and a youth were arrested after the chase but released with no further charge.
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 10 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour