Teenager driving without licence crashes car into ditch in Wanstead during police chase
A teenage boy driving without a licence crashed a car into a ditch while being chased by police in Wanstead on Monday.
Officers attempted to stop the silver Fiat Punto but the driver, 16, allegedly sped off and crashed into a ditch in Aldersbrook Road after a “short pursuit”.
The driver and four passengers were injured in the crash around 9.45pm.
One 16-year-old girl was taken to Newham University Hospital with neck pain, while another was treated for a head injury.
A 15-year-old boy injured his arm and was taken to Homerton University Hospital and another boy, 16, was taken to the Royal London Hospital with back pain.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was also taken to Newham University Hospital with cuts to his face.
The driver of the car was charged with driving without a licence or insurance and failing to stop.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 4 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Redbridge equality group condemns 'heinous' Ilford mosque attack
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
He will appear in court next Friday (31).