Teenager driving without licence crashes car into ditch in Wanstead during police chase
A teenage boy driving without a licence crashed a car into a ditch while being chased by police in Wanstead on Monday.
Officers attempted to stop the silver Fiat Punto but the driver, 16, allegedly sped off and crashed into a ditch in Aldersbrook Road after a “short pursuit”.
The driver and four passengers were injured in the crash around 9.45pm.
One 16-year-old girl was taken to Newham University Hospital with neck pain, while another was treated for a head injury.
A 15-year-old boy injured his arm and was taken to Homerton University Hospital and another boy, 16, was taken to the Royal London Hospital with back pain.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was also taken to Newham University Hospital with cuts to his face.
The driver of the car was charged with driving without a licence or insurance and failing to stop.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute
He will appear in court next Friday (31).