Teenager driving without licence crashes car into ditch in Wanstead during police chase
A teenage boy driving without a licence crashed a car into a ditch while being chased by police in Wanstead on Monday.
Officers attempted to stop the silver Fiat Punto but the driver, 16, allegedly sped off and crashed into a ditch in Aldersbrook Road after a “short pursuit”.
The driver and four passengers were injured in the crash around 9.45pm.
One 16-year-old girl was taken to Newham University Hospital with neck pain, while another was treated for a head injury.
A 15-year-old boy injured his arm and was taken to Homerton University Hospital and another boy, 16, was taken to the Royal London Hospital with back pain.
You may also want to watch:
A 16-year-old boy was also taken to Newham University Hospital with cuts to his face.
The driver of the car was charged with driving without a licence or insurance and failing to stop.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Councillor's year-long running challenge ends with £1.2k foodbank donation
- 10 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
He will appear in court next Friday (31).