Teenage robber jailed for threatening to stab Goodmayes homeowner for phone and laptop
- Credit: Archant
A teenage robber who threatened to stab a homeowner to get away with a laptop and mobile phone has been jailed.
Gabriel Shogbola, 18, of Valence Avenue, Dagenham, was sentenced to four years in a young offenders’ institution at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning.
Redbridge Police said he and three men who have not been identified broke into the house in Fenman Gardens, Goodmayes, at 3am on July 20.
They threatened to stab the occupant and took a mobile phone and laptop.
The other robbers have not been caught but Shogbola was found nearby and identified by the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Craig Robinson said: “This was an attack on a householder in the middle of the night, where serious threats were made.
“This sentence reflects the seriousness that the courts take this type of crime and I hope that this will serve as a deterrent.”
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 3 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 8 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 9 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead
He urged anyone with information on the other suspects to call Ilford CID on 0208 345 2745 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.