Teenage robber jailed for threatening to stab Goodmayes homeowner for phone and laptop
- Credit: Archant
A teenage robber who threatened to stab a homeowner to get away with a laptop and mobile phone has been jailed.
Gabriel Shogbola, 18, of Valence Avenue, Dagenham, was sentenced to four years in a young offenders’ institution at Snaresbrook Crown Court this morning.
Redbridge Police said he and three men who have not been identified broke into the house in Fenman Gardens, Goodmayes, at 3am on July 20.
They threatened to stab the occupant and took a mobile phone and laptop.
The other robbers have not been caught but Shogbola was found nearby and identified by the victim.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Craig Robinson said: “This was an attack on a householder in the middle of the night, where serious threats were made.
“This sentence reflects the seriousness that the courts take this type of crime and I hope that this will serve as a deterrent.”
- 1 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 2 Seven Kings barbers closes after 62 years in business
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Ilford grandfather to run 37th London Marathon months after Covid battle
- 5 Council to approve children's performances after monkey costume scandal
- 6 'Grab this chance to save her life': Wanstead woman battling chronic illness urgently needs £200k for surgeries
- 7 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 8 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 9 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 10 DJ's fundraising bid to help twin return home after months in hospital
He urged anyone with information on the other suspects to call Ilford CID on 0208 345 2745 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.