‘Tears of joy’ over Facebook tributes to Woodford Green worker who died in Loughton road crash

THE father of a �teenager killed in a car smash has been crying “tears of joy” for his inspirational son.

Myles Binns, 18, who worked as a labourer for Woodford Green building firm �Mulalley and Company, in Woodford Avenue, was killed when the car he was travelling in crashed in Earl’s Path, Loughton, last Thursday.

His family says they have been “overwhelmed and inspired” by stories they have heard about their popular “hero” son after a Facebook page in his honour reached nearly 1,000 members.

His father, Chris Binns, who lives with his family in Waltham Way, Chingford: “Myles’s life tells a story of a boy who was so loved and cherished by all of his friends.

“I am overwhelmed and inspired by the sentiments that come out of the �Facebook page.

“I am so proud to discover that my son, who at times I doubted, was truly a people’s hero. I have been crying tears of joy.”

Youngsters held a candlelit vigil for the friend they called ‘Mizzy B’ at the crash scene on Monday night.

Most Read

The scores of messages have so inspired his family that they are now planning to establish a charitable foundation in Myles’s name.

Mr Binns added: “I can’t convey enough his tremendous spirit, there was a fire in his belly that wanted to get out there and have fun.”

Stephen Davis, 42, a stores manager for Mulalley and Company, worked closely with Myles for the past seven months.

He said: “I have been �devastated since I heard the news. They sent me home.

“Myles was such a good guy, always trying to impress me with his work and make us laugh.”

He added: “At heart he was just an 18-year-old boy �setting his life’s path. His innocence was pure.”

Mr Binns was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash.

A second man, 19, was taken to Whipps Cross Hospital in Leytonstone where his condition was “stable”.

Two others in the car, aged 19 and 20, from Chingford, were arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and were later released on police bail.