Team News: Port Vale v Leyton Orient
- Credit: Dave Simpson/TGSPHOTO
Leyton Orient can welcome back defenders Nathan Clarke and Mathieu Baudry for tomorrow’s trip to Port Vale.
Both missed out in the 2-0 midweek win over Doncaster due to suspension, but the O’s have been hit by an ankle injury picked up by on-loan midfielder Jack Price.
The 21-year-old has returned to Wolves, but interim manager Kevin Nugent hopes to have Romain Vincelot back from the knee injury picked up in the goalless home draw with MK Dons last weekend.
Winger Dean Cox has returned to training, also following a knee injury, but the match at Vale Park may have come too soon.
But Gary Sawyer (tendonitis), David Mooney (ankle), Adam Legzdins (finger) and Kevin Lisbie (shoulder) are still on the sidelines.
You may also want to watch:
Orient added Italian striker Gianvito Plasmati to their squad on Sunday, but Nugent revealed it will be some time before he is included in the matchday squad as he gets up to speed with the rest of the squad.
“He’s been training a little bit for the last few days and he’s a good addition,” said Nugent.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
“But he needs to build up some fitness as he hasn’t played a lot of football and it will take him a little while to get up to speed.”
Port Vale could include new signing Dany N’Guessan in their side following his arrival yesterday, which followed hot on the heels of Harry Panayiotou’s loan move from Leicester City.
But top goalscorer Tom Pope (ankle) is ruled out of the tie and interim boss Robert Page could make changes at the back as they still wait for their first clean sheet of the campaign.