Taxi touter given £100 fine for operating outside Gants Hill nightclub
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 44-year-old man has been fined for taxi touting outside a Gants Hill nightclub.
Abiodun Dada, of Yellowpine Way, Chigwell, was spotted on CCTV operating outside Faces nightclub, Cranbrook Road, at 2.20am on January 26.
Two females and a male were seen getting into his Renault Scenic, unaware he was an unlicensed taxi driver.
He was then stopped by police at Redbridge roundabout.
Dada, also charged with driving without insurance, was slapped with a £100 fine, a £20 victim surcharge and £85 in costs at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months and his car was seized.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said revellers should make sure they only travel in licensed taxis, preferably by phoning a company directly.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off