Taxi touter given £100 fine for operating outside Gants Hill nightclub
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A 44-year-old man has been fined for taxi touting outside a Gants Hill nightclub.
Abiodun Dada, of Yellowpine Way, Chigwell, was spotted on CCTV operating outside Faces nightclub, Cranbrook Road, at 2.20am on January 26.
Two females and a male were seen getting into his Renault Scenic, unaware he was an unlicensed taxi driver.
He was then stopped by police at Redbridge roundabout.
Dada, also charged with driving without insurance, was slapped with a £100 fine, a £20 victim surcharge and £85 in costs at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court.
You may also want to watch:
He was also disqualified from driving for 12 months and his car was seized.
Det Supt Ellie O’Connor said revellers should make sure they only travel in licensed taxis, preferably by phoning a company directly.
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower