Tam delighted to take helm at Isaac Newton primary
The new headteacher of an Ilford primary school said she was “thrilled” to be joining the school and wants to help young people achieve their ambitions.
Tam Broadway has been appointed to the primary academy which will open next year at the Isaac Newton Academy in Cricklefield Place, High Road.
Ms Broadway is the assistant headteacher of Little Ilford School in Newham and has previously worked at a number of primary and secondary schools.
She said: “We have an extraordinary opportunity to show young people, from the earliest age, that they can achieve whatever they want.
“I’m thrilled to be joining an ambitious and successful academy and to have the chance to enable our pupils to develop the habits of successful learning from reception onwards.”
You may also want to watch:
The school said Ms Broadway had experience improving boys’ achievement and had developed innovative programmes. At Little Ilford School she had responsibility for overseeing pupils’ transition from primary to secondary school and developing new teachers.
Rachel Macfarlane, academy principal, said: “Ms Broadway has worked in primary and secondary schools, in communities very similar to Isaac Newton Academy’s, and had great success in helping children make outstanding levels of progress.”
- 1 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 2 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 3 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 4 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 5 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 6 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 7 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 8 'I know how much they help': Teacher to continue motivational sessions
- 9 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 10 Parents of man with special educational needs slam council over his care