Tam delighted to take helm at Isaac Newton primary
The new headteacher of an Ilford primary school said she was “thrilled” to be joining the school and wants to help young people achieve their ambitions.
Tam Broadway has been appointed to the primary academy which will open next year at the Isaac Newton Academy in Cricklefield Place, High Road.
Ms Broadway is the assistant headteacher of Little Ilford School in Newham and has previously worked at a number of primary and secondary schools.
She said: “We have an extraordinary opportunity to show young people, from the earliest age, that they can achieve whatever they want.
“I’m thrilled to be joining an ambitious and successful academy and to have the chance to enable our pupils to develop the habits of successful learning from reception onwards.”
You may also want to watch:
The school said Ms Broadway had experience improving boys’ achievement and had developed innovative programmes. At Little Ilford School she had responsibility for overseeing pupils’ transition from primary to secondary school and developing new teachers.
Rachel Macfarlane, academy principal, said: “Ms Broadway has worked in primary and secondary schools, in communities very similar to Isaac Newton Academy’s, and had great success in helping children make outstanding levels of progress.”
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 9 Wanstead rugby youngsters return to action with a win over rivals Woodford
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns