Suspected Redbridge loan sharks shut down after police raid
Suspected Redbridge loan sharks have been shut down after being found with £175,000 on their books.
Redbridge Police and Trading Standards’ Illegal Money Lending Team seized documentation at a raid on an Ilford home on November 19.
A 55-year-old man and 54-year-old woman were arrested and released on bail until March while enquiries continue.
The Illegal Money Lending Team has secured 293 prosecutions for illegal activity, leading to more than 176 years worth of prison sentences.
The watchdog would not identify the business under investigation or where it was based.
You may also want to watch:
To report loan sharks to investigators, call the confidential helpline on 0300 555 2222 or text “loan shark” and a message to 60003.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 7 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 10 Former Homebase development plans approved