Suspected bank cash box robbers taken to hospital after Gants Hill getaway collision
Suspected robbers, who made off with a Barclay’s cash box, have been taken to hospital after a collision with a lorry in Gants Hill this morning.
Police were alerted just before 10am to the theft of a cash box in transit by three men outside Barclays bank, Beehive Lane.
Men were seen to escape the scene in a red Peugeot and head towards the Charlie Brown Roundabout before coming into a collision with a lorry.
Four ambulances and a single responder treated a 30-year-old man for serious leg injuries and a 29-year-old for arm injuries before being taken to hospital as a priority.
Two other patients were also treated for minor injuries at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Flying Squad detectives arrested the three men following the robbery and they are currently being treated at the Royal London, Whipps Cross and Newham Hospitals.
A cash box was also later recovered from the car, police have said.
- 1 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 2 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 5 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 16-year-old arrested after woman reports sexual assault in South Woodford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Hainault community garden gets £85k for 'ecotherapy' scheme
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4238.