Suspected bank cash box robbers taken to hospital after Gants Hill getaway collision
Suspected robbers, who made off with a Barclay’s cash box, have been taken to hospital after a collision with a lorry in Gants Hill this morning.
Police were alerted just before 10am to the theft of a cash box in transit by three men outside Barclays bank, Beehive Lane.
Men were seen to escape the scene in a red Peugeot and head towards the Charlie Brown Roundabout before coming into a collision with a lorry.
Four ambulances and a single responder treated a 30-year-old man for serious leg injuries and a 29-year-old for arm injuries before being taken to hospital as a priority.
Two other patients were also treated for minor injuries at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Flying Squad detectives arrested the three men following the robbery and they are currently being treated at the Royal London, Whipps Cross and Newham Hospitals.
A cash box was also later recovered from the car, police have said.
- 1 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 2 Woodford Green bomb scare declared false alarm
- 3 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 4 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 5 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 6 Lorry driver cleared over elderly couple's crash deaths, inquest hears
- 7 Clouds, rain and sunny intervals: East London weather forecast this week
- 8 Arrests in Ilford and East Ham as police target suspected county lines gang
- 9 Newbury Park supermarket security staff step in to help man in crisis
- 10 Doctor struck off after working underqualified for locum shifts
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to contact the Flying Squad on 020 8345 4238.