New Redbridge support group set up for those affected by cancer or any life-limiting illness
- Credit: Saint Francis Hospice
A new support group has been set up for Redbridge residents affected by cancer or any life-limiting illness.
Tea and Talk at Toby’s will hold its first meeting at the Toby Carvery, Southend Road, Woodford Green, on Monday (November 12).
This is the second Tea and Talk at Toby’s to be set up by Saint Francis Hospice in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support and Toby Carvery following the success of the Brentwood group.
The group aims to be practical and informative while giving people and their loved ones an opportunity to meet other people in a similar situation.
Karen Freeman, project manager of Saint Francis Hospice’s confidential helpline OrangeLine, said: “Due to the success of the Brentwood Tea and Talk at Toby’s we are delighted to be able to introduce the group to Redbridge in conjunction with the Redbridge Palliative Care team.”
You may also want to watch:
It will meet on the second Monday of every month (excluding bank holidays).
For more information please call 01708 758649 or email OrangeLine@sfh.org.uk.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 5 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 8 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 9 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims