Super ‘Side hit six of the best
Boss Fenn banking on a repeat performance.
BARKINGSIDE started 2011 with a flurry of goals in a 6-2 Essex Senior League win over Takeley on Tuesday night – and manager Tony Fenn will be hoping for more of the same tonight (Thursday).
’Side will test themselves against last season’s league champions Stansted at Oakside as they aim to reduce the gap between them and the top five.
There is currently nine points between Fenn’s side and fifth- placed Witham Town going into the clash with Terry Spillane’s Airportmen.
Without a league fixture at the weekend, the Oakside outfit will have to wait until Wednesday for their next game as they make the trip to the Len Salmon Stadium to face Bowers & Pitsea.
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside ended the year without a fixture in December, and have only played two home league fixtures since the start of the season.
But with a busy January ahead, which sees them with seven fixtures – all in the league – Fenn will aim for a push up the table, with games in hand over every side in the division, apart from their next opponents Stansted.
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Chadwell Heath academy
- 2 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 3 Police and council join forces to help raise Covid awareness
- 4 Council must pay £4,500 for failing disabled brothers
- 5 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 6 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 9 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
The task at hand for Fenn’s side remains a tough one, as Stansted remain undefeated in the league, with nine wins and two draws in their 11 games.
The clash with Bowers is an easier one on paper, but they have only tasted defeat once at home, to Stansted 7-2, and go into the clash on the back of a 2-1 win over Burnham Ramblers.