Super ‘Side hit six of the best
Boss Fenn banking on a repeat performance.
BARKINGSIDE started 2011 with a flurry of goals in a 6-2 Essex Senior League win over Takeley on Tuesday night – and manager Tony Fenn will be hoping for more of the same tonight (Thursday).
’Side will test themselves against last season’s league champions Stansted at Oakside as they aim to reduce the gap between them and the top five.
There is currently nine points between Fenn’s side and fifth- placed Witham Town going into the clash with Terry Spillane’s Airportmen.
Without a league fixture at the weekend, the Oakside outfit will have to wait until Wednesday for their next game as they make the trip to the Len Salmon Stadium to face Bowers & Pitsea.
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside ended the year without a fixture in December, and have only played two home league fixtures since the start of the season.
But with a busy January ahead, which sees them with seven fixtures – all in the league – Fenn will aim for a push up the table, with games in hand over every side in the division, apart from their next opponents Stansted.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
The task at hand for Fenn’s side remains a tough one, as Stansted remain undefeated in the league, with nine wins and two draws in their 11 games.
The clash with Bowers is an easier one on paper, but they have only tasted defeat once at home, to Stansted 7-2, and go into the clash on the back of a 2-1 win over Burnham Ramblers.