Super ‘Side hit six of the best
Boss Fenn banking on a repeat performance.
BARKINGSIDE started 2011 with a flurry of goals in a 6-2 Essex Senior League win over Takeley on Tuesday night – and manager Tony Fenn will be hoping for more of the same tonight (Thursday).
’Side will test themselves against last season’s league champions Stansted at Oakside as they aim to reduce the gap between them and the top five.
There is currently nine points between Fenn’s side and fifth- placed Witham Town going into the clash with Terry Spillane’s Airportmen.
Without a league fixture at the weekend, the Oakside outfit will have to wait until Wednesday for their next game as they make the trip to the Len Salmon Stadium to face Bowers & Pitsea.
You may also want to watch:
Barkingside ended the year without a fixture in December, and have only played two home league fixtures since the start of the season.
But with a busy January ahead, which sees them with seven fixtures – all in the league – Fenn will aim for a push up the table, with games in hand over every side in the division, apart from their next opponents Stansted.
- 1 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 4 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 5 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 6 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 7 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 8 King George Hospital gets new ultrasound rooms and upgraded machines
- 9 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 10 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
The task at hand for Fenn’s side remains a tough one, as Stansted remain undefeated in the league, with nine wins and two draws in their 11 games.
The clash with Bowers is an easier one on paper, but they have only tasted defeat once at home, to Stansted 7-2, and go into the clash on the back of a 2-1 win over Burnham Ramblers.